1kg Brown Flour
800 g Cream flour
800 ml water
80g fresh yeast
- Mix all wet ingredients together (Treacle, water, cider) – until treacle is fully blended in.
- Add all dry ingredients together (flour, yeast & salt).
- Blend wet & dry ingredients together.
- Toast the walnuts and chop. Add into bread mix.
- Grease the loaf tins (above recipe makes 5).
- Fill the tins 2/3 full.
- Leave to prove (area should not be too hot).
- Check loaves every 10/15 minutes to ensure they are rising.
- Once risen to the top of the tin, place in the oven.
- Cook at 160 C for 20 minutes.
- Check with a skewer to ensure they are cooked.
- Once ready, take out of loaf tin and place on wire rack.