At Cahernane House Hotel
Stay Safe with Cahernane House Hotel
A Prem Hospitality Property
Caring for our guests and employees is always our priority. While we have consistently maintained high standards of hygiene at the Cahernane House Hotel, we have implemented additional measures in response to Covid-19. These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from health authorities and are under ongoing review. As Covid-19 continues to impact the global community, we would like to keep you informed about the procedures and protocols we have introduced within the Cahernane House.
Based on guidance from local authorities and The World Health Organisation, we have taken specific steps to ensure the safety and welfare of our guests, employees and suppliers. Please read on to see what we are doing and how here at the Cahernane House we can offer a safe environment for guests.
Thank you for your continued co-operation during this challenging time and your support of the Cahernane House Hotel. If you have any further questions, please get in touch.
What measures have been implemented to protect your staff and guests?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for its guests as well as our own team.
We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our guests do the same and follow healthcare and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and Covid-19. We have listed our Guest Journey through our hotel which will outline measures taken for each step, please see below.
While the situation is still evolving rapidly, we know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
- Sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, gloves, masks, paper towels and disinfectant materials.
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- Signage in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Additional tissues available in public areas
- Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus Property linen serviced through a reputable external company complying with all government guidelines
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated health authority guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating
- We ask that our customers do the same and follow the health authority and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19
- We’ll give you the elbow rather than a handshake
- We’ve re-organised our restaurant and bar areas to give more space between people
- Contactless cards are preferred at payment points
Steri-7 Bio Misting System
Whilst cleaning and sanitising has always been at the forefront of our Standard Operating Procedures, we have decided to go one step further to ensure both our staff and guests safety, with the introduction of Steri-7 Xtra with Reactive Barrier Technology. This enables us to safely disinfect and sanitise all guest rooms prior to arrival, including all public areas, restaurants, bar and back of house. The unrivalled Reactive Barrier Technology is a specialised bio-technology which provides an optional sustained release system, meaning it is also effective between cleans. With its non-tainting and odour-neutralising properties, it is safe to use on food surfaces and is completely harmless to people. We also continue to work with Ecolab across the property using the very best cleaning and disinfecting chemicals, taking every measure possible to ensure we are doing our very best in the fight against Covid-19.
What are you doing if a guest or staff member become unwell?
Each team member has been fully briefed on how to approach guests that may be unwell or are self-isolating, and we will remain in close daily contact with each team member to ensure they remain in good health. If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, they are asked to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
Should a guest present with any symptoms of Covid-19 or feel unwell during their stay, we kindly ask them to stay in their room and contact local health authorities, who will provide further instructions and assist with medical needs. We ask any guest who is feeling unwell to telephone Front Desk and inform them.
If a guest becomes unwell, we will liaise with them to get a list of their requirements e.g. meals, medical needs, extra linen, etc. All items requested by the guests (throughout self-isolation) will be left outside the door for the guest to take, whilst wearing a mask.
We have a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill.
Symptoms to look out for include:
- A cough
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Fever (high temperature)
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
Wash hands properly and regularly:
- Before and after eating or drinking
- After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
- After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
- After handling contaminated (dirty) items
- Whenever hands become visibly dirty
- If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
- Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
- Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
How are you ensuring social distancing?
We have changed our dining areas to accommodate a 1m social distance. This also applies to our public areas – Library, Drawing Room & Atrium.
We have introduced a ‘no-touch’ housekeeping service, where guests can request a no service with linen to be left at their door. We also have strict measures in place across all of our public areas including bar, restaurant and lobby areas.
Guest Journey through our hotel
Entrance doors – all touch point areas continuously sanitised using chemicals as recommended by our preferred supplier Ecolab.
Floor markings in the lobby to indicate correct measures for social distancing
Check-in process remains as contactless as physically possible, credit card pin pads sanitised after use.
Keys are sanitised after every use
Journey to your room
We have sanitising stations at the following areas: hotel lobby, at guest lift on ground floor and at entrance to public bathrooms
Our accommodation team will be clearly seen keeping our ground floor cleaned and sanitised throughout the day, this includes all high touch points e.g. lift, lift buttons, doors and door handles, front desk areas with particular care and attention to our main public bathrooms. Guest Lift are single use, again adhering to social distancing procedures.
Entering your bedroom
- Bedroom doors including handles are sanitised after each departure so will be fully sanitised upon arrival.
- All our bedrooms are cleaned to the highest standards but as part of our continued effort in the fight against Covid-19 we will now focus on sanitising high touch points immediately following our usual deep clean as follows:
- Switches & Controls including all lighting, electrical sockets, TV Remote Controls, Hair Dryers, and temperature controllers
- Food service items including any crockery, cutlery, glasses, cups, saucers and coffee machines Surfaces including vanity tables, work desk, lockers, headboards
- Door Handles including main door, patio or balcony doors, drawers, curtain pull handles
- Wardrobe items including hangers, safes, irons & boards, literature etc
- All bathrooms including surfaces, taps, shower controls, baths, shower walls, shower rails, toilet seat, toilet flush, towel rails
- All in room amenities including individual toiletries, tissue boxes, feminine hygiene, soap trays, tea trays, coffee pods, coffee & tea sachets
- Our linen is serviced externally through a very reputable linen company who are held to the highest standards of treating bed linens. Our duvets and pillows are cleaned covered at all times with fresh mattress/pillow protectors and are chemically cleaned on a regular rotation.
Availing of all we have to offer
Our facilities are in line with Government directives. We will continue to keep up to date with all information on scheduled opening times and will react to this information to keep both our employees and guests safe.
We have also limited the number of guest amenities in guest rooms to ensure we are adhering to our strict cleaning and sanitising policies; this will also include in room servicing. Our staff will only service a room if the guest has vacated prior to the time the cleaning is due to take place. We will also limit our contact time in each room during a multi night stay. We are also happy to supply fresh towels and toiletries should you wish to have a contactless stay. Please let us know your preference at booking or arrival.
Restaurant & Bar
We will continue to work with HSE and Environmental Health Guidelines for food service in our restaurant and bar.
We operate restaurant service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We offer table service only whilst adhering to strict social distancing measures in place throughout our dining areas.
Time to say goodbye
We offer express check out service for a contactless check out, guests can also avail of an e-check out and all correspondence will be conducted over email on condition your booking is pre-paid online.
Plan your next trip
Please take the time to let us know of your experience, we will of course keep you updated of any special offers available, simply subscribe to our newsletters.