For the crispy asparagus spears:
16 asparagus spears
• Peel & lighting steam the asparagus.
• Refresh in iced water and dry well.
• Season the plain flour with salt, smoked paprika and chopped thyme.
• Roll the asparagus in the flour.
• Break the eggs in a bowl & beat.
• Dip the floured spears into it, then roll the asparagus in the polenta flour.
• Allow to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes
• Shallow fry until crispy.
• Place on a kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil
75g smoked bacon (cooked and finely chopped)
15 leaves of fresh tarragon – chopped
Tarragon vinegar or lemon juice.
• Mix the bacon & tarragon into the mayonnaise.
• Finish with tarragon vinegar or lemon juice to taste.
• Serves 4